Keep ahead and prepared for severe weather and disasters. Use the resources below to find out how to be prepared for common emergency situations.
- American Red Cross – Get information about your local chapter.
- Anthrax Information (pdf) – Get answers to common questions about Anthrax.
- Consumer Products Safety Recalls – Keep up-to-date on the latest product recalls.
- FEMA – Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Flu.gov – One stop access to U.S. Government H1N1, avian and pandemic flu information.
- Homeland Defense – Read the Homeland Defense Journal for current information.
- Kansas Commission on Disability Concerns – Get information and training on legislative activities, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and rights and emergency preparedness for communities and people with disabilities.
- Kansas Department of Transportation – Check road conditions, traffic and travel information.
- Kansas Division of Emergency Management – State wide information to help you be prepared in Kansas.
- KSNT’s WeatherWarn Service – Sign up to receive severe weather alerts.
- Rangeland Fire Danger Forecast – Look up the expected fire danger index for Kansas.
- Riley County Weather Forecast – Get the National Weather Service forecast for the area.
- Salvation Army – Keep up-to-date on disaster relief efforts.
- Suggested Counter-Terror Measures – Tips to keep businesses protected against terrorism.
- Tier II Submission Forms (pdf) – Emergency and hazardous chemical inventory forms.
- Winter Weather Related Information – Documents on winter road conditions and safe driving tips.